A short round up of all the things that have floated my boat this last month.
1. Fila trainers, I am really digging the ugly trainer trend. But the £600 price tag not so much. Though a pair of the Balenciaga trainers would be amazing I am just not ready to shell out that kind of money on an item I might not love in a years time. That being said Balenciaga never have my size anyway. If they did miraculously came out in black and grey my regular uniform I think I would have to bite the bullet. But in the meantime I picked up these Fila trainers online. They are sold out everywhere in store but I have found them here in the black which is the colour I have. I am really loving them they remind me of the buffalo boots of the naughtes the ones the spice girls wore in their spice up your life video. (Yes I loved the spice girls, no shame here.) I once traveled to Camden Town after school on a Friday. I took the C2 bus from just past my school to purchase a pair of these ugly looking shoes ‘The buffalo’ boots from the flagship store in white. I still have them I still love them I even wore them to a 90s birthday party recently. The Fila ones are so comfortable with or without socks it’s been a few years since I started searching for the perfect pair of black trainers so I feel like I can tick them off my fashion wish list now.
2. The bag of the month, it’s got to be my Chloe drew in motley grey. This bag gives me wings! It’s the perfect size for day to evening use and in Spring summer I always take this baby out. I am not going to go into to much detail because I have a post dedicated to my Chloe bag loves coming soon.
3. I love makeup especially a good base and concealer. Despite the fact that I wear makeup roughly twice a week maybe more if I have a busy week of meetings. I like matte foundations because I have combination skin and I can’t always be bothered to keep powdering my face. But the tides have changed and I have rediscovered a forgotten light base which I found hidden between a pack of Sephora liquid lipsticks and a Urban decay Naked 2 pallet. The Dior BB cream with spf 15. I always wear suncream even in winter but this with the added spf has been amazing during the April heatwave we had. It’s a beautiful light glowy base and if you have seen me on Instagram stories and thought hey Sarah’s skin looks good it’s this magic stuff. If you like your foundation to make you look 21 again (well actually no foundation can make you look 21 unless you are 21) but this is pretty close. Then this is the stuff for you. I have just repurchased it you can find it here in the new packaging.
4. I do love a lipstick, I get this from my mum and my grandmas who won’t go anywhere without a elegant slick of rose across their mouths. Lipstick changes how you feel it can transform a look I love nudes reds berry’s pinks pretty much any colour except orange that just makes me look like a blotchy mess. The lipstick I have been wearing non stop this last month is YSL Rouge Volupte. It is the perfect pinky nude with a natural shine and it’s so hydrating. I love the whole range of Rouge Volupte but the one I can’t live without is this one and you can get it here
5. Last month I talked about my love of green tea and this April my current favourite is coffee over ice. Just your usual coffee poured over ice cubes. It sounds simple enough but it makes such a massive difference. I love creamy blended ice coffee but as I am back on the health kick again ice coffee is off the menu it’s full of sugar and I just don’t need the extra calories. So now when I go to my local Costa coffee I get a coconut cappuccino poured over ice. It tastes amazing and it’s so refreshing.
6. My last favourite is actually a place the ‘Ivy in St Johns Wood London’ this has to be my most frequented restaurant. I love The Ivy it’s a fabulous restaurant chain easy relaxed environment with a fantastic menu. The duck salad is my favourite and the zucchini fries are legendary. I have visited most of the London Ivy’s but this one is by far my favourite. I love the tables outside during the sunnier days meeting friends for a coffee and a slice of the Cappucino cake and large helping of gossip.
Thank you for reading
(All reviews expressed are my own this is not a paid for advertisement)